Here are the final shots of my vehicle. I am very pleased with the way it turned out, I would think if I did it again I would maybe spend a few more triangles on the model itself, especially since I had so many at my disposal. I like the way the main metal material of the ship turned out, I think that it reflects the light well and does look worn down and slightly damaged.
I was annoyed at the delay that was caused by improper planning for my environment. I believe if I had spent more time coming up with a better way of approaching the environment, I would have done it a lot sooner and in a more pleasing way. However, the feedback I received showed me that the ship could look a lot more dramatic in a more dynamic scene, rather than just floating static in a garage. Once this was set in my head, I found it was quite a relief to have my work load grounded into tasks I could achieve, and the enthusiasm for the final shot was back, and that helped me to get a good looking scene.